Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Working myself out of a job

I am so happy to have this laptop and LCD projector. I get so much more work done...home, school, coffee shops. I love it! Attendance is easier, updating grades is easier, everything is easier. I am looking forward to getting my website set up on Urban Planet. I had one on teacherweb.com, but it cost me $30 a year. I uploaded assignments and class notes.

I've been putting my class notes on PowerPoint. It is not that I couldn't have done that before, it is just that without my own laptop and LCD I can't depend on getting a hold of a lap top for sure. So there is no point planning on PowerPoint. But now I can! In fact, I put my notes for the Atomic Structure Unit on Powerpoint. One of my students was out sick that day, so when she came back, it was very easy to just print out a copy of the class notes.

If all goes well, my students will be able to download all the notes and homework from my website. Then they won't need to come to class and I can stay home and eat bon-bons all day. Ha ha ha!

No comments: