Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thing 9 - Bill Nye On Demand

I had heard that SPPS had United Streaming some time ago. But it is hard to find time to sit down and learn a new application or explore a new resource with all the seemingly important immediate demands on our time. So I really appreciated looking at US at our last meeting and digging into it enough to make it useful. Soon after that meeting, Marcia and I downloaded some videos and burnt them to CD's. Once you walk through the process, it makes it so much easier in the future. My goal is to run through as many videos as I can looking for videos to support our Science 9 and Chem curriculum, then burn it on to CD's for our video library. (I don't want to depend on actual streaming for our core curriculum.) So the trick will be finding time to do this. Hmmm...maybe my TA can help with the downloading and burning process. I look forward to reporting back on our progress.

1 comment:

23+1=Scrap said...

Be careful on the burning...when you burn the way you and Marcia did it will only play on a computer you have to go to ¡DVD under applications to make a DVD that will play on a DVD player. I found out the loooong way. Good luck! Scraps